Monday, December 31, 2007

Thoughts on the weekend. Part 1

Every Monday I'm going to attempt to give a recap on what happened over the weekend. this can be in terms of shows, or politics, movies, sports, life... anything....

1) Good shows this weekend. Crowds were surprisingly strong. I assumed they would be because people are tired of spending time with each other and their families so they come out to see us instead. They can laugh for 1 hour and 45 mins ... or 2 hours and 25 mins as was the case on Friday night. My favorite scene from Friday night was the House scene and Saturday night was strong too. Saturday night was just me, TIm, and Mystery Jeff and so its always a bit more of a struggle to do a 3 person show with our short form format. Long form its a little easier because you can take one idea for a while and develop it for only 45 mins but in the short form format its a little longer show. wierd how that works out. short form is longer than long form. ha. i'm lame.

2) the new england patriots are 16-0.
That's impressive. The giants gave them a run for their money, but you have to play a perfect game against the pats. They will just wait for you to make one little mistake and then score 14 pts on you. I'm glad they are 16-0. i think the 72 dolphins are coming across a little arrogant. They have this mindset as we as collective america care about their record and maybe the generation before us do, but i simply don't care about the 72 dolphins. They don't mean anything to me other than that's the year i was born. two perfect things in one year? what ARE the chances.. haha... let's see how they do in the playoffs.. this is my favorite tim of year... the NFL playoffs. the best athelets in the world competing at the highest level. Lots of fun and surprises.

3) The Closet Organizer.
I got this behemoth of a closet organizer the other day. i find myself interesting in the fact that i'm this highly driven, focused, intense (more on the later) and organized individual in my professional life. I have my own version of organization and it works. To keep something going for 6 years and have the growth we've had tells me that i'm not some unorganized baffoon but i know my system and it works. Personally? i'm a little less orgainzed. i'm a little sloppy. Ok, i'm a lot sloppy. So i'm growing and evlolving as a person. I dont want to get into too many details because i'm a little private. But i realize that now i'm in a house with someone else, its time for Old Jeff to learn a couple of new tricks. So I get The Close Organizer. It's huge. It's metal. Its got shelves which ALWAYS leads one to think of orginazation and order. I put it together last night with my lovely fiance and although i wasn't in the mood to do it. We did. I realized that i'm probably never going to be in the mood to put together The Closet Orginazer, so i just went ahead and did it. It's good to have accomplisments. Those little tasks that one does and grows your confidence and your self-esteem. You look back at something and said... hey... I did that with these two hands. I started to feel like Da Vinci, or Lloyd-Wright, or Abe Lincoln ( I don't know if he ever made anything with his two hands, but if he didn't... then he shouldn't be on the friggin $5 bill.) OR Ben Franklin. As i began to compare myself to these giants of creation, I thought what could be next? Cold-Fusion? desalinization for better drinking water? what about eco-friendly low income housing for New Orleans? What impossiblity could i make possible? I shouted to myself! What will I, ROBERT JEFFREY JENKINS, create with THESE TWO HANDS? THE GODS HAVE REACHED DOWN AND TOUCHED A MERE MORTAL AND NOW I WILL USE THESE TOOLS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE?!?! I AM LEGEND!!!!!!

then i realized that its just a freaking The Closet Organizer. It organized. It's in a closet. So purpose fullfilled. It may just be that, but it works and it didn't cause my house to catch fire, or my upcoming nuptials to fall apart, or the world as we know it to collapse within. It did what it needed to do. It organized my closet, but it still felt good to put it together.

4) New Pants.

I got some new pants. They are of the cargo variety from Old Navy. Im a big fan of cargo pants, but i will never use all the pockets of the cargo pants at the same time. I can't ever see me needing to fill 10 pockets worth of stuff. EVER. Are they comfortable? Yes. Do they fit? Yes. But do i use them for their fullest potential? No. I will maybe use 40% of the pockets, but not 100%. I think if i have to store that much stuff in my pants, i will have bigger problems. Because at that point i'm probably homeless and i'm using my pants as closets.

5) Moving.

I moved the rest of my stuff this weekend. I have a lot of crap and i don't know why. They biggest concern is i think alot of the crap i have is not mine. I have no idea who's it is and why i have it. I threw a lot of it away. Its just easier that way. Sometimes im glad I have no soul and can distance myself from the struggle of cutting ties with things. I can just walk away. It's just easier that way. I never got into... "will i ever need this again?" Call it what you will, but i'm not afraid to throw something out. I dont mean that as a warning or a subtextual message to someone.... or do I? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tonight is New Years Eve. Big deal. But at least i get to perform.

3 comments:

Gregory Holman said...

Your first name is Robert?

Sky Girl said...

I hope you didn't throw away that $100 bill you found. It belongs to me.

Jason said...

Congrats again on everything, man. :) I have to make my way back down there to see you perform again.